There is no doubt that since its release Monster Hunter: World has taken the PS4 world by storm. As a result, Capcom’s role-playing action game has earned rave reviews and won over a legion of players on PlayStation 4. And now there is official confirmation via the PlayStation Store sales charts. Monster Hunter: World took first place in the store’s list of top-selling games in January.
Incredibly, this was despite Monster Hunter: World launching towards the end of the month on the 26th. In addition, the much-lauded action RPG had to beat off competition from some strong contenders.
Consequently, Monster Hunter: World ended January sales top of the pile, followed closely by Horizon Zero Dawn. Also still going strong was FIFA 18, with the football sim taking 3rd.
The two games’ dominance shows that action RPG’s are currently the flavour on PS4, but who else made the list? Check out the PlayStation Store’s January sales charts below to find out.
All sales chart lists are provided courtesy of the PlayStation Store via the EU PlayStation Blog.
PlayStation Store January PS4 Games Sales Chart
- Monster Hunter: World (New)
- Horizon Zero Dawn (11)
- FIFA 18 (2)
- Gang Beasts (6)
- GTA V (4)
- Rocket League (8)
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 (1)
- Call of Duty: WWII (3)
- EA Sports UFC 2 (15)
- Need For Speed: Payback (5)
- Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Siege (13)
- Minecraft (18)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (New)
- ARK: Survival Evolved (20)
- Gran Turismo Sport (17)
- Friday The 13th: The Game (Re-entry)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (19)
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins (7)
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (RE)
- Watch Dogs 2 (RE)
PlayStation Store January PS VR games Sales Chart
- Superhot (1)
- Job Simulator (2)
- Rollercoaster Legends (4)
- Batman Arkham VR (5)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (6)
- Arizona Sunshine (7)
- Everest VR (9)
- Robinson: The Journey (8)
- Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood (RE)
- Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes (RE)
Also published on Medium.